The use of injection molds
The mold creates value during use, but it also gradually loses its own value during use. Therefore, the operator must attach great importance to the use of the mold, and generally pay attention to the following issues.
(1) Before use, check whether there are impurities and dirt in each part of the mold. For the remaining plastic and impurities in the mold, use cotton yarn to scrub to remove, and use a copper knife to scrape the sticky material with strong adhesion.
(2) Reasonable selection of the clamping force is based on the fact that no flash is generated when the product is formed. It cannot be assumed that the higher the better, which will increase the power consumption and easily damage the transmission parts.
(3) All transmission parts should be well lubricated, therefore, these parts must be kept lubricated.
(4) It is not allowed to hit any part in the mold with a heavy object such as a head, so as not to deform or even damage the mold.
Maintenance of injection molds
(1) Maintenance of cooling water channels
The function of the cooling water channel is to cool and solidify the plastic parts in the cavity through the cooling water, which has a great influence on the molding process of the plastic parts.
1. The hazards of blockage of cooling water channels
In the long-term working process, the surface of the cooling water channel is easy to deposit scale, dirt, rust, etc., which will reduce the circulation area of the cooling water channel, and greatly reduce the heat exchange between the cooling water and the mold, so that the cooling effect is greatly reduced. very big.
2. Check for blockage of cooling water channel
The increase of deposits on the surface of the cooling water channel will cause partial blockage of the water channel, which can be judged by measuring the flow rate of the cooling water to determine the internal condition of the cooling water channel. When measuring, a pressure control valve can be installed between the mold and the cooling water channel, and under the same conditions, the pressure drop of the cooling water through the mold can be measured. From this, the blockage of the cooling water passage can be determined. If the blockage reaches a certain level, it must be cleaned in time.
3. Cleaning of cooling water channels
Since the design of the cooling water channel is related to the shape of the cavity, its shape is tortuous and inconvenient to disassemble. Therefore, it cannot be cleaned by mechanical methods, but can only be washed with a cleaning agent, and the adhering dirt can be removed under the strong impulse of the cleaning agent. . There are a variety of cleaning agents to choose from.
(2) Maintenance of injection mold unloading
After the injection mold has completed a given production task, it needs to be disassembled from the injection molding machine. When disassembling, carefully remove the residual plastic, and adopt different cleaning methods according to the different properties of different plastics. Residual plastic and other deposits can generally be removed from the mold with soapy water, after which the mold can be air-dried. If there are rust spots on the surface of the cavity, they should be removed, polished, and then coated with lubricant for protection, and then stored in stock.